|Galactic Survey Organization|
Lore and Information
The government-funded Galactic Survey Organization was created to recruit off-world prospectors and supply equipment needed for their activities. Initially they didn't face competition, but as more private corporations with better equipment joined the fray, GSO went defunct as their aging hardware gave way to the competition.
TT Official Description
“A tired eastern-bloc-style government run organization, full to the brim with bureaucracy and health and safety paranoia. Budgets are stretched thin. Equipment is old, battered hand-me-downs that have been patched and chipped so many times that you can’t really tell what they must have looked like originally. Weapons are retro-fitted, low-grade rubbish that is clearly ill-suited to the job at hand. A dusty old department that lost sight of their goal and gave up long ago.”
GSO is a government department that was initially set-up to recruit off-world prospectors and get them set-up on alien planets and working to send resources back to Earth. However, since larger corporations have become involved and started to divert the resources that are sent back through their own companies (in exchange for better technology for the miners), the GSO has gone downhill. Its funding has been reduced to the point where it can only offer hand-me-down equipment to the prospectors it is supposed to be supplying, and it is far from being able to offer competitive, cutting edge technologies.
The GSO are the first corporation that players will have access to in the game. They offer a fair selection of blocks, giving miners most of what they will need to get the job done, but everything they offer is weak, small and old fashioned - easily surpassed by the other corporations' strong points in every way.
The GSO is the first corporation that players will have access to in the game. They offer a fair selection of blocks, giving players most of what they will need to get the job done, but almost everything they offer aren't enough to compete with the specializations of other corps. Still, they will suffice on most basic tasks. Some of their equipment & accessories are invaluable for utility, however, and a few of their weapons can still compete with their counterparts from other corporations
GSO is also responsible for detecting certain anomalies and potential clients, forwarding information and opportunities to budding prospectors whenever possible as their most effective assistance. They provide many basic missions and indirectly provide licenses to other, more specialized corporations.
- Crafty Mike
- Agent Pow
- Assembling Basic Tech (First Mission)
- Big Tony (After Assembling Basic Tech)
- Solar Generator (Forced Mission, Story Mission, After Big Tony)
- Battery (Forced Mission, Story Mission, after Solar Generator)
- Shield Bubble (Removed, Forced Mission, after Solar Generator)
- Radar (Forced Mission, Story Mission, after Battery (and Shield bubble before it was removed))
- Trading Station (Forced Mission, Story Mission, after Radar)
- Trader Troll (After Trading Station, Story Mission)
- Crafty Mike Missions (Series, Story Mission)
- Striking Out (Story Mission, After Trading Station, Semi-Forced Mission)
- Turret Defense (Story Mission)
- Charlie Watchtower
- Big Yellow (unlocks the GeoCorp license, Story Mission)
- Bird of Prey (unlocks the Hawkeye license, Story Mission)
- Back To The Future (unlocks the Better Future license, Story Mission)
- GSO appears to be inspired by the Soviet Union.
- The default skin for GSO is named "Eastern Bloc", referring to its Soviet origin.
- Its aging equipment echoes with the deteriorating economy of the Soviet Union in its final days.
- Its emblem is reminiscent of the Soviet communist theme.
- Automatically selected an put onto your mission log If conditions are met.
- Part of the Terratech mission lore, Non-Repeatable and cannot be cancelled
- Includes; Crafty Business I Crafty Business II Crafty Business III Crafty Business IV Craftier Business I Craftier Business II Craftier Business III